Writing has got lot of shades.
Sometimes you find your wings are increasingly expandable and whole world is in your fist. Sometimes you encounter disagreement and demoralization as if you are zero. If writing can rejuvenate then it can confront you untoward plight behind the scene. If it has the capacity to heal then it can burn your spirit. I am talking about one of the shades of writing i.e Freelance Writing.
It pays you instant money or satisfy your willingness to work for peanuts in return it causes uneasiness like emotional meltdowns and feeling of listlessness. It sucks when you do not act accordingly. When I write for my client I am slave. I have to like-mindedly or dislike-mindedly follow him/her. It is the bitter truth you have to accept it. You cannot go beyond your client wish.
Do you think Freelance Writing means you are free bird.
I do not think so. Infact in Freelance writing restriction of writing is greater than freedom of writing. Feel like someone has cut down your wings. How all writers do manage to restrict their pen according to the client. You have to take care of every single word you write. It is like tasting your patience. I have few illustration of my approach of client do’s and dont’s which I would like you to know.
Suppose I am taking one sentence of my ghost writing.
“A swanky smartphone is worth nothing without useful app”. Client said “Can you frame this sentence better”
I have used same sentence for other client he appreciated my work.
Regardless of your good market or brainstorm ideas even you cannot please every client. You can be rejected by few of the clients not because you are not good writer but you are not acting accordingly to his points of Do’s and Don’ts. Some clients ask you to make thing simple while other required highlighted words. I always keep in mind often times rejection leads my way to perfection. Do read for the better analysis: Freelance writing vs blogging pros and cons.
Is Freelance Writing better than Blogging?
Again I would say Freelance Writing is crucial job than Blogging. It lands you in quirky situation. And Blogging is the multi-dimensional process. Some of the points will reveal the difference of day and night in the work culture of Freelance Writing and Blogging.
Advantages or Disadvantage of Freelance Writing over Blogging is critical juncture and immense. So the important revelation is made to see the turning point.
1. Freelance writing is independent contractor and instant making money whereas Blogging is a long term involvement to make money or for any sort of growth.
2. Freelance writing is framed with one responsibility i.e acting upon your client wish while as you are the head and shoulder of your blog so blogging is burdened with multiple liabilities like technical things of maintaining a blog web hosting, comment moderation, upgrading the blog software and plugins, social media promotion and lot more.
3. Freelance writing develops your skill in various subject while writing for your blog within your niche will make you master in one thing.
There the few sites which can help you to give and edge to your career in content writing.
1. Freelance writing can be unstable and unsecured profession while Blogging is more secured job may be not for the present but for the future.
2. Freelance owner can take the profit in form of cash only on the other hand in Blogosphere you are the whole and sole of the profit with the branding of product, services and name.
3. It is tough to bear the rejection and depreciation in your work in freelance writing if your client is not satisfied with your material while in Blogging You can go with the flow of your choices and can pursue your passion.
According to my experience Blogging is more pleasant and endearing platform where I can stretch my arms as broadly I can. Despite of the fact that you have to struggle to reach dollar through various monetization and always strive for generating steady traffic blogging is like nurturing my baby from the beginning to full grown. It is my place where there is no involvement and interference of clients or anybody. A place where I have not to fit myself in the do’s and don’ts unlike Freelance writing.
Blogging gives me the feeling that I am a good writer and my writing will always shine on the contrary Freelance writing makes me feel that I am mediocre I need to grow lot in terms of writing.
Is Freelance Writing all about selling your skills?
One thing we should not forget that one who is offering content writing or freelance writing services is not selling his/her skills only but also bying knowledge in return. Personally I feel that it has improved my writing skill lot. So I am gaining from this business in the form of improvement, crafting accordingly more than selling my skill.
In freelance writing may be I am working for other with partial interest but regular mistake and regular instruction made me grow more as a writer. I am happy that with every missteps I am marching ahead to little perfection.
Freelance writing is not only quick money but also brush-up your knowledge and skill. It makes you grab and learn more. Drive your way to the mediocrity to excellence. This learning journey is may be unpleasant but the outcome will be surely pleasant.
Guys I want to see the world from your eyes so do let me know your opinion.